[OpenStack-Infra] [OpenStack-docs] [infra][docs] Steps to migrate docs.o.o to new AFS based server

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Jan 3 19:43:23 UTC 2017

we discussed in today's infra meeting to move forward as follows:

1) update some missing content since a few projects haven't published
   content since we started:
   http://users.suse.com/~aj/missing-docs.tar.bz2 is a copy from
   docs.o.o that needs to be added to our AFS tree.

2) Merge https://review.openstack.org/400887 to release afs volumes
   and create read-only volumes (jeblair)

3) Change IP address of docs.openstack.org to point to the new site.

4) Update 404 handler to not point to archived site anymore

5) Update archived content so that we can still access any
   content that wasn't published recently:
   a) Resync the mirror at http://files.openstack.org/docs-old/

6) Check that all links on docs.o.o work correctly

infra-root volunteers for some steps are still needed, this will be
discussed on #openstack-infra later this week,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)