[OpenStack-Infra] [OpenStack-docs] [infra][docs] Steps to migrate docs.o.o to new AFS based server

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Sat Jan 7 01:10:22 UTC 2017

Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> writes:

> we discussed in today's infra meeting to move forward as follows:
>
> 1) update some missing content since a few projects haven't published
>    content since we started:
>    http://users.suse.com/~aj/missing-docs.tar.bz2 is a copy from
>    docs.o.o that needs to be added to our AFS tree.
>
> 2) Merge https://review.openstack.org/400887 to release afs volumes
>    and create read-only volumes (jeblair)

Item #2 is done.  files.openstack.org (including
developer.openstack.org) is now serving from the read-only replicas.
These are updated every 5 minutes if needed (so there may be a delay of
5, or in the worst case, 10 minutes after a publishing job finishes
before all the content shows up).  But the replicas are in two data
centers so our fault tolerance is increased (though we should add a
files02.openstack.org, also in a different data center, into rotation to
really make that robust -- that's easy to do at any time).