[OpenStack-Infra] Ballot for Openstack elections

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 00:57:26 UTC 2017

On 02/23/2017 11:21 PM, Henry Fourie wrote:
> Tony,
>   My apologies - pasted the wrong link. This is the correct one showing
> Cathy as the owner of this commit.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/396380/
>
> Cathy is certainly a key contributor with significant involvement in OpenStack.
> She is co-author of several commits over the recent six months:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/389799/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/333172/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/368155/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/319393/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/348574/
>

> It would make sense to have this recognized.

Henry, fwiw there is no doubt Cathy is a key contributor, it's just a
matter of figuring out how to include such members into the electorate
rolls.

The current system uses gerrit review owners over the last two cycles to
collect active contributors that are also foundation member (e.g. member
who signed the OpenStack Individual Contributor License Agreement).

It may be possible to improve the system to automatically include
co-authors. Until then, such contributor can still be recognized throw
the extra-atc lists in the governance repository, for example:

https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml#n147

I hope that clarify this situation.
-Tristan