[OpenStack-Infra] [opensatck-infra][nodepool] HTTP 405 when deleting nodes (computers in jenkins terms).

Bob Hansen hansenb at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 7 16:13:08 UTC 2017

Had http: rather than https: in secure.conf. delete_node now works.

Bob Hansen
z/VM OpenStack Enablement

From:	Bob Hansen/Endicott/IBM at IBMUS
To:	openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org
Date:	02/06/2017 06:12 PM
Subject:	[OpenStack-Infra] [opensatck-infra][nodepool] HTTP 405 when
            deleting nodes (computers in jenkins terms).

I'm using these versions:
nodepool 0.3.0 (yes a bit old, looks like 0.4.1 is current, but the code in
this area seems to be the same).
python-jenkins 0.4.13
zuul 2.1.1
jenkins 1.651.2
ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
diskimage-builder 1.26.1

Images create ok, nodes are created in jenkins with my images and jobs are
dispatched to the jenkins slaves the node pool creates. All is well.

However, when nodepool tries to delete a slave in jenkins, I get this
exception:

2017-02-06 14:10:01,096 ERROR nodepool.NodeDeleter: Exception deleting node
1362:
..... skipped stack trace ...
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 405: Method Not Allowed

Digging through the code, it appears that nodepool via python-jenkins is
really just doing this, which returns the 405.

https://zvm-dev-jenkins.pokprv.stglabs.ibm.com/computer/test-master-zvm-dev-controller-1377/doDelete

If a do a similar thing from the jenkins dashboard, just plunking in that
url in a browser after I'm authenticated to jenkins. Jenkins tells me I
must to do an HTTP POST not a GET and the code returned is a 405.

The best I can tell is the is python-jenkins is doing a GET rather than a
POST when deleting nodes?

Anyone have a solution on how to get this to work? Obviously other users of
nodepool must have this working.

Thanks for any help!

Bob Hansen
z/VM OpenStack Enablement
Internal 620-3280, External 607-429-3280