[OpenStack-Infra] Gerritbot

C.J. Collier cjcollier at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Mar 1 14:39:10 UTC 2016

Hello Anita,

You bet.  I'll get it in to gerrit shortly.  It's not ready to be merged
quite yet.  I just wanted to start a conversation.

For instance, would anyone be opposed to using a syslog sink for logging
rather than opening up a dedicated file?  There are a lot of files (pid,
log, config, channel list) being handled here, and directories for output
files (/var/run/gerritbot, /var/log/gerritbot) need to be managed by the
init script and kept in sync with the values in the config files.  Fewer is
better in my opinion, and hooking in to the syslog infrastructure means
getting remote logging for no additional cost.  However, for systems
without syslog facilities, I guess it make sense to have a dedicated log
file.

Let me know what you think,

C.J.