[OpenStack-Infra] OpenStack Mailing List question: how to rename a mailing list?

Ju Lim julim at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 16:17:14 UTC 2015

Hi Jeremy:

Thank you for replying to my question.  The reason for the renaming of the
mailing list from openstack-personas to openstack-ux is as follows:
(1) openstack personas effort started out focused on personas but it's
really part of the overall openstack-ux efforts.
(2) all members on openstack-personas are automatically part of
openstack-ux efforts, and we've had some resistance from existing members
to have to resubscribe to a new list and to keep using the existing list.

The analogy I would make to this is renaming [openstack-nova] to
[openstack-dev] and being inclusive to all in the dev community and using
[nova] in the subject line later to call out which services or areas the
content is about.

When you say disruptive, is it disruptive to all mailing list or only the
openstack-personas mailing list?  Our intent is we preserve our members and
not put subscription burdens on them and also have a single mailing list
for all UX activities and not have multiple mailing lists.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Ju Lim

--