[OpenStack-Infra] Proposal: create a translation check website

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Sep 17 15:04:56 UTC 2014

Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> writes:

> So I propose to create a translation check website on top of openstack
> infrastructure.
> It is a simple devstack setup where almost all services are enabled.
> Transifex translations are synchronized regularly, by cron in Akihiro's
> env.
> I think a regular Jenkins job could do it, in openstack CI env.
> devstack is rerun manually occasionally, in Akihiro's env.
> I think, you would know how to make it automatically in openstack CI env.
>
> It's not in a hurry.
> Temporarily, we are using Akihiro's env.
> In the long term, it's good to have such a translation check website based
> on openstack infrastructure.
> Let me know how you are thinking of this idea.

Hi, this is a good idea!

Monty is looking at using ansible to drive some of our automation.  This
sounds like something we could do by having ansible periodically build
an instance and run devstack on it, and then periodically (probably more
frequently) sync the translations to it.

How often do you think devstack should be run?  And then how often
should translations be synchronized?

-Jim