[OpenStack-Infra] Proposal: create a translation check website

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Wed Sep 17 08:11:52 UTC 2014

Hello, openstack-infra

I'm from I18n team and we are doing dashboard translation now.
While we are doing the dashboard translation, we are using a translation
check website to prove our translation.
We need a whole openstack environment with all the latest language packs
downloaded from the translation tool.
Then we go through each functions of the dashboard to check if our
translations look good in the web UI.

Now Akihiro Motoki volunteered to use his own machine, set up this website,
and provide services for all languages translators.
But as openstack components grow very fast, Akihiro's machine is not
powerful enough to support all openstack components running
and multiple translators testing at the same time.

So I propose to create a translation check website on top of openstack
infrastructure.
It is a simple devstack setup where almost all services are enabled.
Transifex translations are synchronized regularly, by cron in Akihiro's
env.
I think a regular Jenkins job could do it, in openstack CI env.
devstack is rerun manually occasionally, in Akihiro's env.
I think, you would know how to make it automatically in openstack CI env.

It's not in a hurry.
Temporarily, we are using Akihiro's env.
In the long term, it's good to have such a translation check website based
on openstack infrastructure.
Let me know how you are thinking of this idea.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)