[OpenStack-Infra] Proposal: create a translation check website

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:31:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for initiating the discussion, Daisy.
I would like to have such infra supported by the OpenStack infra in
Kilo. I am happy to work with you all.

Talking about Horizon translation, there are two level of syncs.
In my current site,
- Translations and Horizon repos are synced hourly.
  These two are tightly coupled and syncing both at the same time
provides good experience for translators.
  No special reason for hourly sync, but once a day seems too less
frequent from translator pespective.
- Rerunning devstack once or twice a week is enough from my experience
in Havana and Icehouse translations.

There are something to be done manually like below.
I think we can deal with them manually as a first step.

I think some manual process is required at now.
For example, when RC1 is released, the master repository is open to
the next development cycle,
but translations is still targeted to the current release.
We need to change branches to "milestone-proposed" (so far).

Running devstack sometimes requires manual debugging
to resolve python module dependencies.

Thanks,
Akihiro

Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>