[OpenStack-Infra] disable full recheck if only the commit message changed

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Sat Jun 7 07:58:09 UTC 2014

Le 06/06/2014 14:06, Jeremy Stanley a écrit :
> Changing the commit message changes the Git SHA of the commit, and
> Gerrit reports this in its event stream as a distinct patchset. Zuul
> would need to retrieve previous and current patchsets on every event
> and compare them... I'm not sure the relatively minimal savings
> would be worth the additional complexity, though others may
> disagree.

Hello,

It might not be that hard to do.  Gerrit has an option to copy previous
votes when a new patchset is a trivial rebase or has no code change (ie
only the commit message got changed).

https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/config-labels.html#label_copyAllScoresIfNoCodeChange

So potentially Gerrit can be enhanced to attach that informations to the
new-patchset event sent over stream-events.  From there it will be
trivial to skip the check in Zuul.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso