[OpenStack-Infra] Update to OpenDaylight Jenkins user

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Jun 4 21:39:06 UTC 2014

On 06/04/2014 05:31 PM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
> I received a request from one of my OpenDaylight / OpenStack devs
> (Kyle Mestery) informing me that we're being asked to update the
> display name of our CI system (currently it's 'OpenDaylight
> Jenkins').
>
> When I had originally requested a stream access [1] account I had
> provided just a preferred username (odl-jenkins), email address
> (odl-openstack at opendaylight.org) & SSH pubkey.
>
> Unfortunately my local records were not clear and I couldn't
> remember what exactly I had done and forgot that a user hadn't been
> created directly in LaunchPad and so I went and did that and I've
> also attached the same email address. Of course, logging in to
> Gerrit using that account won't allow me to configure that account
> to have the uid of odl-jenkins. Could I get some help to merge the
> two gerrit accounts that now exist?
>
> The first one is identified as a full name of 'OpenDaylight
> Jenkins', email address: odl-openstack at opendaylight.org and has an
> SSH pubkey of 'ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEAztcqByxj
> +6H3Vb78ZZN8FTbritMUBssYGxNdjdbhYJk60hQq/D4adWf4RAf3F6FGKhWCZAqPMdHFyZNjHsWUJJZGs68B0fA/jnlU1CQTeD3cf2olgXYE8X/h1c1LW1iPYndFm8JSmz3b8FigIcMEekTxlQzLOtToWoUPiLkrG/esk1lUd2FUapEay03iId9cERSTBtiAGVzw5K5E5HYotzriQnugcOkTxQilbXNBbg+m1YshC7wFlGHpOQHTtG+BhznXtmlFRXQTcOiwtp5f9PJgIyzeOMNN45i/Dbl4lAQpTqf/OklMh4CSK+LaHlJ1MgaKfb5Qk3NXdGTsKhOGvQ==
> odl-jenkins at opendaylight.org'
>
> This account is in the 'Voting Third-Party CI' group. As there is
> no LaunchPad ID attached to it I can't get in to modify the display
> / full name.
>
> The newly created account is account_id 11779
>
> With a Full Name of 'OpenDaylight CI' (what I've been asked to
> change the display name to), email address of
> odl-openstack at opendaylight.org, same SSH pubkey. This account has a
> launchpad identity associated with it.
>
> If I could get the accounts merged that would be helpful so that I
> can manage the display name as requested.
>
> [1]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2014-February/000803.html
>
>  Thanks, -Andy-

Hi Andy:

I had talked to Kyle earlier. You aren't being asked to do anything.

We are working through a naming standardization process and I just was
informing Kyle the name would be changing.

>From OpenDaylight Jenkins to OpenDaylight CI.

We have over 55 automated Gerrit accounts and the use of OpenStack,
test, testing, Jenkins, Tempest and user (which occurs in some account
names) is confusing to devs. We are removing those and using CI for
voting accounts and Bot for accounts which never will vote.

Thanks for the quick response and sorry for the confusion.

Anita.
anteaya on irc