[OpenStack-Infra] Moving gantt to stackforge

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Feb 21 08:42:43 UTC 2014

Joe Gordon wrote:
>> The move to stackforge would make sense if it was developed by a nascent
>> separate group, but I don't think that's the case here ?
>
> I think this is the case, currently the core group on gantt is
> nova-core and Robert Collins, while the main commiter is Donald Dugger
> (who asked for gantt to be kept around to play with). But now that we
> have decided that we have no use for the gantt repo, I don't think it
> makes sense for nova-core to take on the burdon of reviewing gantt
> patches.  I know that I won't be anymore (I think I have reviewed
> every gantt patch to date).

That's a fair point. In the end the granularity of a program is linked
to the interest of its team in general and its core reviewers team in
particular. If those don't overlap, you're better off with not having
that code repo under your program.

>From what you're saying that seems to be a "nascent separate group"
forming, in which case I agree stackforge is probably the best bet.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)