[OpenStack-Infra] [third party testing] Article series on setting up an external CI system

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 04:50:18 UTC 2014

Hi all,

There have been efforts recently by lots of folks, particularly in the
Nova, Neutron, and Cinder contributor communities, trying to set up a
third-party testing platform that can get notified by the upstream
OpenStack CI system, run tests, and post votes on code reviews upstream.

Partly in response to these efforts, and partly due to the
recently-announced Mirantis push to "open source" driver certification
procedures [1], I wrote a series of blog articles that describe both how
the upstream CI system works, as well as provide some instructions on
setting up an external CI system yourself in a (mostly) automated
fashion.

http://www.joinfu.com/2014/01/understanding-the-openstack-ci-system/
http://www.joinfu.com/2014/02/setting-up-an-external-openstack-testing-system/
http://www.joinfu.com/2014/02/setting-up-an-openstack-external-testing-system-part-2/

I hope that folks find these articles useful. Feedback, criticism, and
error corrections are very much welcomed. Please do let me know, either
on the ML or on blog comments, if there are specific things or examples
you would like me to cover further.

Best,
-jay

[1]