[OpenStack-I18n] Can we release the i18n team meeting slot?

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 19:51:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

I don't think just deleting the meeting slots due to resource constraint is
not an optimal solution.
Although there have been no meetings, I think we need to stay with
visibility.

I know the meeting slots are public resources while it definitely seems
that other SIG/teams also occupy unused resources.
I believe they are not overloaded (e.g., contributing huge network
traffic). I think this would be rather low-priority.

Three approaches I can think before I18n SIG does a next action regarding a
team meeting slot:
 1. moving (bi-)weekly rhythm to (bi-)monthly / quarterly
 2. Re-thinking meeting rhythm considering release schedule (e.g., before
soft-freeze / hard-freeze)
 3. For status update purpose (e.g., #startmeeting, #topic, #action,
#endmeeting) regardless of quorum

Love to listen to more thought, and always feel free to ping me through IRC
if urgent.. thanks!