[Openstack-i18n] Terminologies

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Jun 19 05:40:28 UTC 2015

Thank you all for the comments.
In the IRC meeting yesterday, we discussed about terminologies and the
feedback.
Here are the summaries.

1. Using singular or plural ?
Agreement: singular only
2. Starting with capital letter or lower case letter ?
Agreement: all letters non-capital except abbreviations
3. Do we need version control?
Agreement: Yes, we will use git to store these terminologies. Translation
tool ( Zanata or Transifex ) will be used for translate these
terminologies.
4. Do we want string freeze management for terminologies?
Agreement: No, there is no string freeze for terminologies.
5. Maintaining
Agreement: If somebody wants to change a term, remove a term or add new
terms, submit a patch to the git repo. I18n team will vote through Girret.
If somebody wants to change a term translation, please discuss within local
translation team to get team agreement.

Any feedback is welcomed. If you have different opinions, please let the
team know.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)