[Openstack-i18n] [savanna] impl i18n

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Mon Aug 26 03:07:26 UTC 2013

Hi, Sergey

It looks like you know clear from technical side.
You want to understand from translation management side.

Now we are using Transifex to manage the translation.
In Transifex, there is an organization named "openstack":
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/openstack/.
All the projects belong to this organization.
Within this organization, glossary and translation memory can be shared.

When you are done all the technical details, you can generate a PoT file.
The PoT file and all the translated po files should be saved in your github
repository.
We have some automatic jobs in Jenkins to maintain the synchronization
between github and Transifex.
You can refer to this wiki page:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/I18n/Tools.
If the i18n mechanism of savanna is similar with nova, it's very easy to
add automatic jobs.

If you want to add Savanna to Transifex, you can:
1. Create a project in Transifex named Savanna
2. Upload the PoT to Savanna project, make sure to use "en" as the source
language.
3. Give me the link to Savanna project, I can add this project to openstack
organization.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact with us.

Regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)