[Openstack-i18n] [savanna] impl i18n

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Sun Aug 25 16:53:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm looking on how to implement i18n in Savanna project correctly.

The first two docs that I read are https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations and https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/I18NSupport

The technical side of the impl seems to be clear - we need to use gettext, babel and wrap up all strings with _(…), but there are several questions about how to create translations and that's the reason I'm here. As I see you're using transifex to manage translations. It looks like common strings are shared between the projects in one organization using the "Translation Memory" feature and AFAIU it provides oslo translation for all projects. And the first question is could be Savanna added to the organization to get access to the oslo translations, i.e. is this organization only for the integrated projects, or related/incubated could be added too?

Thank you!

Sincerely yours,
Sergey Lukjanov
Savanna Technical Lead