[openstack-hpc] Fwd: Scheduler Bypass

Phab Lucky phab.lucky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:36:48 UTC 2014

Hi, Narayan.

Thanks for your reply. I think my requirements are not as strict as for a
fine-grained platform.

Consider Hadoop as one instance of what we are willing to support. The
instantiation of a Hadoop cluster involve some placement constraints, like
not placing two Task Trackers on the same physical host. Sahara accomplish
that by defining anti-affinity groups, so I was wondering if there would be
a more direct way to place VMs that wouldn`t even require hinting
simplistic policies to the scheduler. Can`t we simply say: "create VM X on
host Y"?

Thanks again.

Phab