[openstack-hpc] Fwd: Scheduler Bypass

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 02:53:00 UTC 2014

This doesn't seem like a good match for openstack's model. If you want data
locality, you want persistence of data and a resource allocation that has a
relatively long lifetime, but your tasks will be short. Since openstack
largely deals with coarse grained allocations, you probably aren't in for a
good time if you want to build a fine-grained adaptive system on top of the
openstack scheduler.

Have you looked at mesos? I think it might be better infrastructure for
your use case.
 -nld