[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Let's get testing!

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Sep 28 14:49:08 UTC 2016

On 08/30/2016 05:12 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:
> Hello docs testers!
>
> Firstly, thanks for signing up to help out. Install Guide testing is extremely important to our release process, and we always need more people to help us ensure what we're releasing is accurate. I appreciate you taking some time out to make that happen. We have five weeks left to release, and we would like to have this signed off about a week ahead of time, around the end of September.
>
> We now have b2 repos for testing against Debian and Ubuntu, so feel free to get started on those distros:
>
> Debian: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2016-August/009006.html
> Ubuntu: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2016-August/009008.html
>
> Remember to update our testing page as you go: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDocTesting

FYI, all rc1 packages for Newton and Debian are available in both Debian
Sid + Experimental, and the OpenStack infra Debian repositories
("unofficial" Jessie backports), and this now also includes Horizon rc2
(which finally has Django 1.10 support).

Not much testing has occurred yet since Newton b2, as moving to
packaging on OpenStack infra was very demanding, but also, I don't
expect much breakage.

The only thing that aren't worked-out yet are the Horizon plugins, but
first, it shouldn't take to long to have them, and second, that's
probably out of scope of the install-guide.

I remain available if anyone needs my help testing Debian. I'll try to
do some of it too, and in fact already started [1].

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand

[1] I fixed the memcached installation in the install-guide for Debian.