[OpenStack-docs] Install Guide Testing in 3 ... 2 ...

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Aug 24 12:00:05 UTC 2016

Hi Lana,

On 08/23/2016 07:02 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:
> Packagers: can you please point us to your most recent pre-release Mitaka packages?

For the moment, only Mitaka b2 is available. You can use this repository:

deb http://newton-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com/debian/
	jessie-newton-backports-tested main

The "-tested" part means that the packages were tested with success
against tempest, with all core packages installed. The repository is an
agregate of "jessie-newton-backports" and
"jessie-newton-backports-nochange".

This will be valid only for Newton b2. For Newton b3, I'm planning on
switching to upstream infra for the packaging. This has in fact already
started, and I'm already deep into it. The packages are hosted on the
infra AFS, meaning that it's available from many cloud providers. For
example, at rackspace:

deb http://mirror.dfw.rax.openstack.org/debian-openstack/
	jessie-newton main
deb http://mirror.dfw.rax.openstack.org/debian-openstack/
	jessie-newton-backports main

(yes, 2 repos)

As hostname, you can also use:
http://mirror.regionone.osic-cloud1.openstack.org/debian-openstack/
or:
http://mirror.ord.rax.openstack.org/debian-openstack/
or:
http://mirror.regionone.bluebox-sjc1.openstack.org/debian-openstack
or:
http://mirror.nyj01.internap.openstack.org/debian-openstack/
or:
http://mirror.bhs1.ovh.openstack.org/debian-openstack/
or:
http://mirror.iad.rax.openstack.org/debian-openstack/

I'm not completely sure what the official list is.

> The faster we get access to your packages, the faster we'll get through testing, and that means hopefully no delays on publishing books for your distro.

Unfortunately, because I'm switching to upstream infra, there may be a
bit of delay this time, and I may loose the race (I've been the first to
release for the last 2 releases at least...). Hopefully, I'll have
everything built a week after b3 is out, and tested with tempest a week
after that. I'm not sure how I'll do the tempest tests though, probably
using my old dedicated server to begin with, then switching to a VM in
infra, so that can be a gate too. These are rough estimate though, I
can't be sure at this point in time.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)