[OpenStack-docs] Install Guide Testing in 3 ... 2 ...

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 24 09:27:25 UTC 2016

Hi Lana

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 at 06:02 Lana Brindley <openstack at lanabrindley.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We're only about six weeks out from Newton, and that means our favourite
> time of the release cycle is nearly upon us: Installation Guide testing
> time!
>
> We're hoping to begin testing in the next week or so, from the beginning
> of September. That means we need to get packages to test against Real Soon
> Now.
>
> With our new format, the amount of testing should be reduced, as we're now
> only testing the core projects (that's Nova, Glance, Keystone, Neutron,
> Cinder, and Horizon). That said, we will need to test against Ubuntu,
> RHEL/CentOS, OpenSUSE/SLES, and Debian/Debconf. I've created a new testing
> page here:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDocTesting#Installation_Guide
>
> Packagers: can you please point us to your most recent pre-release Mitaka
> packages? The faster we get access to your packages, the faster we'll get
> through testing, and that means hopefully no delays on publishing books for
> your distro.

I have a few options for you for Newton packages:

For latest milestone (b2) on Xenial:

  sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:newton

For the (almost) tip of the master branch for Xenial, consumable in
packages:

  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/newton

Currently nova is not quite a tip of master branch due to some dependency
work we're doing which is blocking package builds.

You can check versions in the Ubuntu Cloud Archive at [0]; well be staging
b3 in:

  sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:newton-proposed

As it appears, prior to some testing and then migration to the release
pockets.

Please feel free to ping coreycb, ddellav or myself (jamespage) on IRC if
you hit any issues; bugs are great right now for any packaging specific
stuff as we're way out from release still!

Cheers

James

[0]
http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/cloud-archive/newton_versions.html