[OpenStack-docs] move of documentation-related wiki content

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Thu May 28 20:31:19 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 09:03 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Seems like a great idea for anything that's a fit. Just keep in mind
> that we want to keep infra-manual focused on topics that are
> relevant to community infrastructure interactions for the majority
> of project-teams in our ecosystem, and not drill down into workflow
> recommendations which only apply to some specific projects. For one
> thing, the Infra team doesn't want to become a review bottleneck for
> individual project-team documents.

This is exactly the "problem" I have with the developers guide. Not with
the guide itself, with moving our content in this guide, because the
guide is part of the infrastructure user manual. It is a openstack-infra
specific guide maintained by openstack-infra and the focus of this guide
is focused on "community infrastructure interactions". If we now start
to add generic content or doc related content to this guide the focus of
the guide itself will be changed.

Maybe it is better to move the developers guide out of the
infrastructure user manual into a generic contributor guide published on
developer.o.o? There are other guides inside the infrastructure user
manual not directly related to openstack-infra ("Learn the Gerrit
Workflow in the Sandbox", "Core Reviewer’s Guide", "Python Developer’s
Guide").

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt