[OpenStack-docs] conventions: service and project names

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Thu Apr 30 11:05:08 UTC 2015

On 04/30/2015 01:01 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> The wiki page already has a reference:
>
> "The official source for names is in the OpenStack governance repo in
> the projects.yaml file. " with a link to the file.

Why do we duplicate the list? We should use DRY.

> And there should not be any conflict, or is there one?
>
> I'm fine with the duplication to make it clear what we use,

There are differences. For example:

"OpenStack Compute" instead of "Compute"
"OpenStack Image service" instead of "Image service"
"Data processing service for OpenStack" instead of "Data processing service"
"Database service for OpenStack" instead of "Database service"

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect