[OpenStack-docs] conventions: service and project names

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Apr 30 21:12:12 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Christian Berendt <christian at berendt.io>
wrote:

> On 04/30/2015 01:01 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
>> The wiki page already has a reference:
>>
>> "The official source for names is in the OpenStack governance repo in
>> the projects.yaml file. " with a link to the file.
>>

> Why do we duplicate the list? We should use DRY.

I always like simplicity, but there are differences for legal reasons
listed below, and we also may want to make a more "writable" title
sometimes. I mean, for now I'm getting patches made to projects.yaml, but I
think a list in our style guide sets the stage for "yes, we mean it so
much, we're willing to maintain a list." :)

Anne

>  And there should not be any conflict, or is there one?
>>
>> I'm fine with the duplication to make it clear what we use,
>>

> There are differences. For example:
>
> "OpenStack Compute" instead of "Compute"
> "OpenStack Image service" instead of "Image service"
> "Data processing service for OpenStack" instead of "Data processing
> service"
> "Database service for OpenStack" instead of "Database service"
>
> Christian.
>
> --
> Christian Berendt
> Cloud Solution Architect
> Mail: berendt at b1-systems.de
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com