[OpenStack-docs] conventions: service and project names

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Apr 30 11:01:02 UTC 2015

On 04/30/2015 12:37 PM, Christian Berendt wrote:
> At the moment we reference to
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Conventions#Service_and_project_names
> if we are talking about the official project names and capitalization.
>
> I want to discuss the removal of this list.
>
> The list should be replaced by a note referencing the "service"
> parameter of the
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml
> file.
>
> For example the official project name and capitalization of the project
> "Nova" is "Compute", for "Sahara" it is "Data processing service".
>
> Christian.

The wiki page already has a reference:

"The official source for names is in the OpenStack governance repo in
the projects.yaml file. " with a link to the file.

And there should not be any conflict, or is there one?

I'm fine with the duplication to make it clear what we use,
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)