[OpenStack-docs] [install guide] updates (was Re: What's Up Doc? Apr. 24 2015)

Karin Levenstein karin.levenstein at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Apr 24 20:00:53 UTC 2015

On 4/24/15, 1:32 PM, "Christian Berendt" <christian at berendt.io> wrote:

>I think we have this week made good progress in the overworking of the
>Instalation Guide and that we can finish next week. Karin, can you
>please post a summarization of the progress?

Sure; sorry I didn't get to this earlier; this has been something of a
week.

* Ubuntu: Matt was able to work around the nova instance blocker[1], which
has been progressing.
* Fedora/RHEL/Centos: lots of progress reported from Christian; legacy
network, database, and data processing service have not yet been tested
(as of yesterday), but the other main components have been successfully
tested.
* If you have any updates for the progress table[2], please update it.

>Do we have any news regarding the Debian Installation Guide? At the
>moment this guide is not ready for kilo and we should discuss if we want
>to publish /kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/ after the release of
>kilo. If we decide to not publish the Debian Installation Guide for kilo
>we should discuss if we want to remove all Debian related content from
>the the files.

I haven't heard anything on Debian yet, myself.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1439280
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/KiloDocTesting