[OpenStack-docs] When to change a bug from fix-committed to fix-released?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Apr 23 13:18:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 5:49 AM, Christian Berendt <christian at berendt.io>
wrote:

> Having a look at the bug reports I want to clarify the usage of the
> following statuses:
>
> fix-committed and fix-released
>
> I changed the status of
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1311067 to
> fix-committed. It is a change in the config-reference. Is it correct to
> change the status directly from fix-committed to fix-released?

I'm looking at the bug and this:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Doc_Bug_Triaging_Guidelines

Basically, since the last patch was "Partial-bug" I think the automation
sets it to In Progress. I don't think it should be set to "fix-released" if
a partial fix doesn't fix it all the way. Something between the automation
and partial didn't work right I think. Plus, the security doc people want
to work on it in their guide. So I think the Partial-bug in the commit
message was correct, and the bug should be set back to "Confirmed."

Does that make sense? Not sure how to capture that scenario on our wiki
page, but it matches what's documented.
Anne

> Christian.
>
> --
> Christian Berendt
> Cloud Solution Architect
> Mail: berendt at b1-systems.de
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com