[Openstack-docs] back-end, back end or backend in OPS Guide and openstack-manuals?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat Mar 15 21:32:56 UTC 2014

On 15. März 2014 21:38:58 MEZ, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
>Sorry, hit send too soon. I am seeing "back-end" as a markup by
>double-clicking the red dash and seeing the whole word corrected to
>back-end using Adobe Reader in multiple locations.
>
>However, I see
>http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1230000000969/ch04.htmlas
>backend so I'm sending this to our copy editor John Pierce. John, can
>you comment?
>
>Thanks,
>Anne
>

>On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org>
>wrote:
>
>> He intends it to be changed to back-end.

>>> There're yellow sticky notes with AU in it and there are blue edits.
>I'm
>>> tackling all blue edits,
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>> --
>>>  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica:
>jaegerandi
>>>   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
>>>    GF: Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imendörffer,HRB16746 (AG
>Nürnberg)
>>>     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272
>A126

So, it's backend - how shall we handle openstack-manuals and especially the glossary?

I would prefer to use the same spelling everywhere and minimize divergence,

Andreas Jaeger
aj@{suse.com,novell.com,opensuse.org} Twitter / Identica: jaegerandi
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH , Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
This email was sent from my phone