[Openstack-docs] Introduction and Install Guide: Horizon

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Jul 2 12:26:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Joseph Robinson <
joseph.robinson at rackspace.com> wrote:

>  Hello to the Docs Team,
>
>  I’m sending an email out for two reasons: a patch for the Horizon
> section of the install guide, and an introduction.
>
>  The i*ntroduction* is short: I'm Joe, I’ve been making contributions to
> OpenStack Docs for a few months, but I have not introduced myself yet. So
> hello all, and good too meet you.

Welcome! Glad to have you and thanks for the intro. Tell us more if you
want. One question I ask people is "what do you see when you look over the
top of your screen?"

>  Now onto *the patch*. I added a new section to the* Horizon* part of the
> install guide, and received two good comments about where the contents
> under the new section title belong:
>
>  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103474/
>
>  The *TL:DR:* the horizon content about dashboard customisation and
> storage sessions needs to move to the end of the Horizon install. Content
> also needs to be checked against the administrator guide.
>
>  I checked the install guide against the admin guide and found they have
> replicated content.
>
>  “Set up session storage for the dashboard” appears in both the install
> <http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/apt/content/dashboard-sessions.html>
> and admin
> <http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/dashboard-sessions.html>
> guides
>
>  My plan is to:
> *Remove the duplicated content from the install guide.
> *Move any information on customisation and storage sessions from the
> start, to the end of the Horizon install guide, with links to the admin
> guide.

As you dig in there, you'll find it's just an xi:include of the
dashboard_sessions section. So it's fine to link it but you'll see they are
identical.

I agree with the reviewers that storage sessions info is provided for
admins.