[Openstack-docs] Copyright statements in docs source files

Nicholas Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 14 17:57:15 UTC 2014

The docs are supposed to be licensed either as Creative Commons or
Apache files (depending on what they are and who you ask :)).  they
should not have copyright notices in them.

The exact licensing situation is being worked out at the board level.
If people are copying and pasting copyrighted information and putting in
a notice to avoid the idea that they're plagiarising, that's wrong.  If
they're putting them in to try and keep ownership of the content, that's
also wrong.

Anybody here been doing this?  If so, can you explain, so we can clear
it up?

----  Nick