[Openstack-docs] docs.openstack.org and Google/SEO index pages

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Feb 25 15:31:03 UTC 2014

Hi Kevin,

We are tracking these types of issues with this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1191447

The comments contain some of the things we've done so far.

Our redirects are contained in the openstack-manuals/www/.htaccess file, so
if you see a specific page that should redirect to another specific page,
please note it in the bug above.

I still have a nagging feeling that we need to replace the Google CSE with
the one the Foundation is using for www.openstack.org, and am chasing that
as well.

I suppose the final solution would be a CMS rather than our current file
copy situation, as it leaves old files behind and we need to automate a
solution to scrape outdated files. We've discussed ideas and welcome
solutions.

Anne