[Openstack-docs] docs.openstack.org and Google/SEO index pages

Kevin Jackson kevin at linuxservices.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 15:26:17 UTC 2014

Hey folks,
I tend to fire up Google when doing my OpenStack help searching like a lot
of folk I'd imagine (and docs.openstack.org does use Google Custom Search).
The problem is that a lot of the hits seem to bring back lots of indexed
broken pages or pages that are broken. Are there plans to fix this so that
people land on the correct pages?

e.g. this came up with the content I needed just now (and lots of other
examples), but it's not the right one I was expecting based on the broked
page:

http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content//advanced_vm_creation.html

Cheers,
Kev