[OpenStack-docs] [training-guides] getting down to basics

Roger Luethi rl at patchworkscience.org
Mon Dec 1 09:26:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:10:19 -0800, sean roberts wrote:
> - public infra version of the trainer cluster

We have already identified a number of issues that will likely limit the
usefulness of such a version. The proposed spec has more information:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/137299/

Before embarking on such an adventure, we would need good answers to at
least these questions:

a) Is there a need for this? How many trainees have access to hardware
   that cannot run the training-cluster itself but can interact with a
   node VM in a public cloud?

b) Which features of the training cluster need to work in the public
   infra version? Are the trainees just going to play with the dashboard,
   or will they have a shell in the node VM and expect to find the
   exact environement of the training cluster?

> - integration of the trainer cluster into other docs

I don't understand what that means. Can you elaborate?

Roger