[OpenStack-docs] [training-guides] getting down to basics

sean roberts seanroberts66 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:10:19 UTC 2014

With Rick Evans last week, we ran the associate training guide, chapters
1-2 as they exist today. This is what I think we need for training people
at user groups from this and other past experiences plus our discussion at
the summit https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/training-guides-kilo-summit

We need slides, test clusters, and quizzes.
>From this simple way of looking at it, this is how I see the work to done
breaks down. Each one of these should be a spec. I will start pushing them
if they do not already exist in docs-specs or pending review. Based on the
summit, I think all of this could be completed this cycle. I plan on
assigning bp to milestones this week.

- convert the xml into slides ( each chapter as a patch)
- merge the unused content back into the existing docs
- automate the slide builds
- make a structural change in the developer guide to include the existing
upstream training slides
- create the architect guide based on TDD
- create the online quiz system based on moodle
- create hands on quizzes/testing for the developer and architect guides
- public infra version of the trainer cluster
- integration of the trainer cluster into other docs
- integration of videos into training guides

~ sean