[Openstack-docs] Usage of URLs in printed documents

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Mon Aug 4 07:17:47 UTC 2014

Andreas proposed to add a linked URL in parentheses after the title/name
of the URL instead of directly linking the title/name.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/111593/3/doc/arch-design/introduction/section_intended_audience.xml

While this makes sense for printed documents like the Architecture
Design Guide it does not makes sense for online documents.

How should we proceed? At the moment we use both forms in all of our
documents.

I would really prefer it to have the full URLs in footnotes in printed
documents instead of having them in parentheses in the text. This way we
have nice online documents and nice printed documents. Is it possible
with DocBook to put linked URLs automatically in the footnotes?

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Computing Solution Architect