[Openstack-docs] Linking to external install guides

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Fri Jul 12 14:23:13 UTC 2013

Nick,

<snip>
> Kindly clarify. I just hope we are not putting install from source instruction i.e distro-neutral install instruction.

If that's that's the only true "distro neutral" way, and it's not desirable, is there another option? Are you saying Canonical is usually caught up for Ubuntu? I'm not suggesting any particular way, just that we provide enough information to give people the general idea, then send them on their way. I don't have any preferece for what that looks like.

</snip>

The idea as we have always done is come up with basic distro install guides. Jaju/packstack can be handled in the distro oriented docs. When am saying basic install i meant step by step with command for minimum installation of OpenStack on X/Y/Z distros, which will make any user ready to get OpenStack running.

Let me know if am still not able to clarify.

Atul

http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php