[Openstack-docs] Linking to external install guides

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Fri Jul 12 13:12:06 UTC 2013

> > <snip>
> >
> > On the other hand, we are here to document OpenStack, not all of the
independent distros, so there's no shame in removing that from our launch
day scope.

> > </snip>
> >

> > Are you saying we should have only announcement about new release & no
install instruction?

> > Is it?
>

> <snip>
>
> No, just the opposite. I'm saying we should have A basic, fairly distro-
neutral set of install instructions. We Can then leave the distros to do
their own thing.

> </snip>
>
> Kindly clarify. I just hope we are not putting install from source
instruction i.e distro-neutral install instruction.

If that's that's the only true "distro neutral" way, and it's not
desirable, is there another option? Are you saying Canonical is usually
caught up for Ubuntu? I'm not suggesting any particular way, just that we
provide enough information to give people the general idea, then send them
on their way. I don't have any preferece for what that looks like.