[Openstack-docs] Hi all - question

Diane Fleming diane.fleming at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Jul 10 12:32:47 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

As I work on the OpenStack API Reference page (http://api.openstack.org/api-ref.html), I notice that the query parameters are not identified, which I think is confusing.

They are described in the parameter list, but they don't appear in the URIs.

For example, in the individual API references, they do appear in the URIs, like this:

http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/content/List_Servers-d1e2078.html

However, this same call on the API Reference page looks like this – (see the "List Ids, names, and links for all servers" call)

http://api.openstack.org/api-ref.html#compute

The query parms are described in the table, but don't appear in the URI itself. I find this really confusing. I'd like to have the page changed so that these appear in the URI – what are your thoughts? At the very least, they should be identified as "query" parameters in the table. Let me know your thoughts!

thanks

Diane
Diane Fleming
Software Developer II - US