[Openstack-docs] Doc'ing Nova V3 API

Nicholas Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Sat Jul 6 13:03:37 UTC 2013

On 7/6/2013 6:41 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> As such, I'd like to start a discussion about our methodology for
> producing the API reference document, and possible ways we can improve
> it, potentially remove some of the manual steps, and integrate some of
> the changes nova has made in its sample file generation.

I'm admittedly new to this, so if I've got it wrong, please go easy on
me. :)

If we created a standard "format" for each entry, what are the chances
that we could simply let nova generate bits and pieces of the doc itself
the same way it generates sample files, then knit them together?

In other words, in addition to generating, say,
os-quota-sets-defaults.json (making that up) with the JSON response, it
could generate os-quota-sets-defaults.txt, with:

a multi-tenancy cloud.</entry></row>
act on.</entry></row>

or somesuch.

We can then automagically include BOTH files.

----  Nick