[Openstack-docs] OpenStack docs review policy

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Aug 21 15:25:21 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I'm updating the Documentation/HowTo wiki page with the following
description of our review policy. Please let me know if there are any
questions. I'll definitely update the wiki page as we refine our policy.
---
All community members can review doc patches and give them +1 or -1.
Documentation Core members can give +2 or -2 votes and also click Approve
so that the doc goes live, published to docs.openstack.org or
api.openstack.org, based on the branch the patch is applied to.

Because the Docs team is small, core members have the choice when reviewing
and must use best judgement before publishing. Generally speaking, core
members will wait for one other core member to +2 a doc patch. However if
the change is small and the build works, a doc core member can +2 and
Approve a change without waiting for another reviewer. This is a judgement
call so docs core people should exercise judgement when using this option.

Once two community members approve a doc patch, a doc core member can also
review it and push it through without waiting for a second core member.
---

Hopefully this helps all of us keep pushing through patches with a high
accuracy level. Test instructions, build locally, then approve.