[Openstack-docs] What's Up Doc? Aug 14, 2013

David Cramer david.cramer at rackspace.com
Thu Aug 15 15:27:00 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 10:20 AM, Steve Gordon wrote:
>> For olinks between documents, we should have some conversations anyway
>> about how to use them. Using them creates a dependency between documents
>> that you'll want to take into account.
>
> Yes, on our end for instance we ultimately build the documentation into RPMs for installation on a web server (or an end user workstation for that matter). If we can track these dependencies somehow then we can reflect them in the RPM, which would be very cool :).

Ok, in that case it sounds like there would be value in having Publican
add support for olinks. The main thing to know is that we're using the
<book>'s xml:id as the current.docid (a DocBook param that the olink
mechanism uses). As long as you adopt that convention, then the interop
should be easy.

David