[Openstack-docs] What's Up Doc? Aug 14, 2013

David Cramer david.cramer at rackspace.com
Thu Aug 15 14:45:28 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 09:34 AM, Steve Gordon wrote:
>> 5. Doc tools updates:
>> The Maven plugin that builds our docs is sourced at
>> https://github.com/rackerlabs/clouddocs-maven-plugin and just released
>> version 1.9.0.

> I am going to be very active/interested in where we take this both because I'm not overly familiar with the use of olinks and because Publican doesn't currently support them (shenanigans ahead!) at this time. Does anyone have some good examples from other projects? The page in The DocBook Guide gives me the impression some of the key attributes are used in fairly implementation specific/defined ways [1].

So we could decide to use them in a way that would minimize the impact
to Publican if that's important. For example, if we only use olinks to
replace xrefs (i.e. for the convenience of inserting them via the Oxygen
GUI), then the Publican workflow could just convert the olinks to xrefs
and be done (in fact, that's what we do for olinks to a target in the
same document).

For olinks between documents, we should have some conversations anyway
about how to use them. Using them creates a dependency between documents
that you'll want to take into account.

David