[Openstack-docs] Can't build compute admin guide

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Sun Apr 21 18:28:14 UTC 2013

Hi Anne:

Jenkins is running tools/validate.py, but it's configured to not gate, so
the output looks like this in Gerrit:

Jenkins4:31 AM

Patch Set 3: Works for me

Build succeeded.

   -
   http://docs-draft.openstack.org/gate-openstack-cli-guide/check/1038/cli/quick-start
:
   SUCCESS
   -
   http://logs.openstack.org/26954/3/check/gate-openstack-operations-guide/351
:
   SUCCESS
   -
   http://logs.openstack.org/26954/3/check/gate-openstack-manuals-validate/587
:
   FAILURE (non-voting)

(The third one, gate-openstack-manuals-validate, is what's running the
script).

Right now it looks like there's something it doesn't like in
doc/src/docbkx/openstack-ops/src/app_usecases.xml:

2013-04-21 08:29:18.913 |
/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-openstack-manuals-validate/doc/src/docbkx/openstack-ops/src/app_usecases.xml:13:0:ERROR:RELAXNGV:RELAXNG_ERR_ELEMNAME:
Expecting element section, got part
2013-04-21 08:29:18.914 |
/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-openstack-manuals-validate/doc/src/docbkx/openstack-ops/src/app_usecases.xml:13:0:ERROR:RELAXNGV:RELAXNG_ERR_ELEMWRONG:
Did not expect element part there

I'm not sure why this script is complaining but the doc toolchain is
parsing it properly, I guess the validate script is stricter somehow.

Lorin