[neutron] Bug Deputy Report May 15 - May 21

Elvira Garcia Ruiz egarciar at redhat.com
Mon May 22 08:58:53 UTC 2023

Hi everyone!

I was the bug deputy last week. There are two critical bugs reported, both
have fixes ready for review. Find the full report below:

Critical
---------

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2019802/ - [master] Not all
fullstack tests running in CI
Fix proposed by yatin:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/883120

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2019946 - [S-RBAC]
context.elevated() method from neutron-lib should ensure all required roles
are set in context object
Fix: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-lib/+/883345
Assigned to Slawek

High
------
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020050 -  [sqlalchemy-20] Use a
``TextClause`` object for the empty strings in the DB model definitions
Assigned to Rodolfo

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020195 - [ovn-octavia-provider]
functional test intermittently fail with DB error: Cursor needed to be
reset because of commit/rollback and can no longer be fetched from.
Related commit:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ovn-octavia-provider/+/883662
Assigned to Fernando

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020215 - ml2/ovn refuses to bind
port due to dead agent randomly in the nova-live-migrate ci job
Fix: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/883687
Assigned to Sean Mooney

Medium
-----------
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2019887 - [OVN] Log object
deletion fails if related security group was simultaneously modified
Fix: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/883102
Assigned to Elvira

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2019859 -  stable/xena regression
- NotImplementedError: Operator 'getitem' is not supported on this
expression
Fix: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/883288
Assigned to Rodolfo

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2019948 - [alembic] Alembic
operations require keywords only arguments
Fix: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/883340
Assigned to Rodolfo

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020058 -  [OVN][OVN-BGP-AGENT]
Expose port hosting information for virtual ports
In Progress
Assigned to Lucas Alvares

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020114 -  [sqlalchemy-20]
``Engine`` class no longer inherits from ``Connectable``
Fix proposed: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/883521
Assigned to Rodolfo

Wishlist
-----------
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2019960 - [RFE] Can't protect the
"default" security group from regular users
Unassigned

Undecided
--------------
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020001 - Neutron Dynamic Routing
: vip is not advertised via BGP
Marked incomplete by Jens Harbott so I decided to wait on their opinion

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020060 -  Stateless Feature of
Security Group Not Functioning in Case of other Port same compute use
stateful
Rodolfo is discussing with the reporter more information about this but,
since it is linux bridge driver I was not sure about confirming
Assigned to Slawek

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2020168 - [OVN][SRIOV] traffic
problems when sriov and non-sriov ports are bound on the same hypervisor
The reporter is not sure if this is a bug in Neutron or in OVN. Someone
with SRIOV knowledge might be able to help better.
Unassigned

Kind regards,
Elvira