[ptl][tc] New approach for project update presentations

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon May 22 14:28:12 UTC 2023

I'm reaching out to you about the video recordings that the
OpenInfra Foundation has been collecting to capture a project update
from each OpenInfa community (including those for individual
OpenStack Project Teams).

These videos were previously collected leading up to the OpenInfra
Summits to showcase what each project had accomplished in the past
year/release. This year we are implementing a change to the cadence
of collecting this video content, to better fit with the
communities' timeline, milestones and achievements. It will also
help us better promote the new content, without it getting lost
among the news and buzz around the OpenInfra Summit.

Moving forward, OpenStack Project Teams will need to make decisions
about items, such as the cadence and format of recording the project
updates.

Cadence: There are various options to pick from. Teams can define a
periodic schedule, or stick to bigger milestones like major releases
and project anniversaries.

Format: Teams can produce pre-recorded presentations with slide
materials, and share that. If enough content and volunteers are
available, they could also talk about their latest project news and
updates during an OpenInfra Live episode. We will post all
recordings on the OpenInfra Foundation YouTube channel and promote
them through relevant social media accounts.

Timeline: The new process will start after this year's OpenInfra
Summit, which will happen on June 13-15 in Vancouver, Canada. After
the event, I will reach out to help the Technical Committee and
individual teams decide on the above items and take next steps in
the process.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.
--
Jeremy Stanley on behalf of the OpenInfra Foundation Staff