[TripleO] Removal of TripleO Zed Integration and Component Lines

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 16 22:35:48 UTC 2023

On 2023-05-16 18:27:47 -0400 (-0400), James Slagle wrote:
[...]
> Fair enough. Given the circumstances, I wouldn't personally encourage
> anyone to contribute patches to Zed given there are no reviewers,
> degraded CI, and degraded content. To me, that is a pretty big signal
> that you probably don't want to submit code there as it's not going to
> end up how you expect.
>
> I certainly defer to however the TC wants to phrase it for these
> future contributors.

Well yes, obviously (to me at any rate) random drive-by
contributions would be pointless, and any group of people interested
in resuming actual development on it would need to be ready to also
take over maintenance responsibilities, do code review, fix CI jobs,
et cetera.

Odds of that happening are slim, but it can't be ruled out. After
all, it happened before... TripleO was originally started by HPCloud
dev teams.
--
Jeremy Stanley