[TripleO] Removal of TripleO Zed Integration and Component Lines

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Tue May 16 22:27:47 UTC 2023

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 5:45 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2023-05-16 16:31:50 -0400 (-0400), James Slagle wrote:
> [...]
> > I feel the wording  "on purpose to prevent..." is a
> > mis-characterization of the intent.
> [...]
>
> On further discussion in #openstack-tc, it appears some of the
> concern was due to the phrase "there should be no more patches
> submitted for stable/zed TripleO repos" and the "should" there was
> interpreted as implying that the prior contributors were doing this
> in order to disallow participation by future contributors who might
> want to do so. It seems like this was not actually the intent you
> were trying to convey, and was an unfortunate misreading. If you had
> said that further patches for that branch are not expected, or that
> you personally wouldn't be submitting patches for that branch, I
> doubt the reaction would have been so strong.

Fair enough. Given the circumstances, I wouldn't personally encourage
anyone to contribute patches to Zed given there are no reviewers,
degraded CI, and degraded content. To me, that is a pretty big signal
that you probably don't want to submit code there as it's not going to
end up how you expect.

I certainly defer to however the TC wants to phrase it for these
future contributors.

--
-- James Slagle