Train EOL

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Thu May 11 20:27:56 UTC 2023

Hello OpenStack community

I'm one of the members of the StarlingX community.  We've had a lot of
stability issues with our ability to compile both our development branch
and supported release branches these last few weeks.  It all traces back
to the Train EOL. We weren't monitoring openstack mailing lists, and
missed the EOL announcement.  We are actively moving off of Train, but
aren't yet ready.

What's really causing us grief is that some sub-projects, e.g.heat and
nova, have started deleting elements of Train, e.g. git branches.

Now please don't take this wrong.  Ending support for an old branch is a
totally normal thing, and we accept that.  If StarlingX customers need
support in that area, we'll provide it. However I would plea to you to
NOT delete the elements of Train that allow other projects to compile
old openstack releases, e.g. your gits branches.

Sincerely

Scott Little on behalf of StarlingX