Help Needed: Configuring OpenStack Glance with VMware

Cyril Roelandt cyril at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 14:55:13 UTC 2023

Hello,

On 2023-06-17 18:37, Anupam Panta wrote:

> I am using kolla installation for openstack deployment. My global.yml file consists of:
> ```
> #### GLANCE CONFIG
> glance_backend_vmware: "yes"
> glance_backend_insecure: "yes"
>

> #### VMWARE CONFIG
> vmware_vcenter_host_ip: <my-vcenter-ip-address>
> vmware_vcenter_host_username: <my-vcenter-admin-username>
> vmware_vcenter_host_password: <my-vcenter-admin-password>
> vmware_datastore_name: glance-datastore
> vmware_vcenter_name: <my-vcenter-domain-name>
> vmware_vcenter_cluster_name: "openstack"
> vmware_vcenter_datacenter_name: <my-vcenter-datacenter-name>
> vmware_vcenter_insecure: "True"
> ```
>
> After running reconfigure command, my glance-api container stuck in restart loop, with error message "Store for identifier vmware not found". I also tried changing parameters in glance-api.conf file, specific parameters `default_backend= vsphere`, `stores= file, http, swift, vmware`.

The "stores" config option has been deprecated for a while. Your config
should look something like this:

[DEFAULT]
enabled_backends = foo:vmware, bar:cinder

[glance_store]
default_backend = foo

[foo]
vmware_option = value

[bar]
cinder_option = value

Of course you could also only define a single backend in
"enabled_backends".

Regards,
Cyril